Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Little Comedian

You may have already seen this happy snap somewhere else: 


Why is this picture so funny?  It's simple.  It's because babies are funny!  In fact, Wallace is hilarious.  You may have heard that babies are 'cute' or 'precious' or 'delicate' but I'm now leaning heavily toward 'funny'.  He's a miniature person who is trying to figure out how to use his body and face and I can't help but find the entire thing extremely amusing.

Admittedly, I have rarely found the need to be serious or stern in my life but I did invest a great deal of sober concern in Wally's early-birth-related-health-stuff in recent months so I am now delighted that the boy is so eager to reimburse me with some pure genuine entertainment.  Wallaby, of course, has no idea how much he amuses me.  I will thank him when he's much older.

The details are hard to explain but I'll try.  In truth, if you watch him long enough you can't miss it.  Mostly it's the big eyes and dramatic facial expressions.  Here, I'll show you: 






I hope you see what I mean.  And there's more to it than that.  There is also the timing.  You see there's a fine line between cute and funny and sometimes Wallace crosses that line very quickly right in front of our eyes with no warning.  Here is on the 'cute' side of the line: 


And moments later, he has hopped across to here: 


It's brilliant.

And of course I have some of my own fun with the boy.  It's so hard not to.  Here I have helped Wallace show us how much growing he still has to do: 


And this next one is a real gem.  There's a story behind it but it's not important, the picture speaks for itself:


We've pretty much decided that he'll fly with us instead.

Keep in mind that I would never embarrass my baby just for your entertainment.  No way!  I do it mostly for my own entertainment.  And I do it for Wally of course.  Huh?  My theory is very simple.  I believe that funny babies receive more parental attention than boring babies.  And I've read that parental attention is correlated to brain development.  It's all very scientific.  Maybe Wallace will thank me one day for helping him look so ridiculous.  

And hold on to your pride young'in because I'm just getting started.    

I'll leave you with Wally's exemplary 'photobombing' performance of an otherwise ordinary family pic earlier today.

Cheers :)


3 comments:

katielaw said...

awesome! i have been waiting for a new brizzy post and you did not disappoint! that first picture kills me every time. xo

GongShow Mommy said...

Love this post! I have to say, Wally is definitely an animated baby! More animated than any other baby I have seen! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Seriously...I have known many babies...and Wally is very, very alert for premie, just 2 months out of the world. Most babies athis stage don't even focus. Good job guys!xoxo Terry